PDF Creator Plus 8.0 Supported Platforms
|Operating System||Version 8.0||Version 7.0|
|Windows Server 2022|
|Windows Server 2019|
|Windows Server 2016|
|Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2|
|Windows Server 2008 R2|
|Windows Server 2008|
|Windows Server 2003|
The PDF Creator Plus 8.0 is the upgrade path for PDF Creator Plus 7.0, 6.0, 5.0, 4.0, 3.0, and 2.0.
If you are a registered owner of an earlier version you can purchase the latest version at a discounted price. Please visit the following Sales FAQ for discount rates and complete steps on how to upgrade immediately online.
End of Life Releases
|Product||Retired||End of Life Date Re-licensing Ceases||Recommend Upgrade|
|PDF Creator Plus 7.0||December 2026||December 2026||December 2026|
|PDF Creator Plus 6.0||July 2015||December 2021||PDF Creator Plus 7.0|
|PDF Creator Plus 5.0||January 2013||December 2019||PDF Creator Plus 7.0|
Computers that are currently licensed will remain operational but re-licensing and/or re-activation will no longer be available after the end of life date.
PDF Creator Plus Release Notes
PDF Creator Plus 8.0.003 – August 23, 2023
- Improved speed when exporting to images.
- Fixed crashing issue when printing from Microsoft Project. Added in proper handling for 256 color image masking used by Microsoft Project.
- Fixed page thumbnails display for large paper sizes (A0, D).
- Fixed PDF copy text permission not set correctly.
PDF Creator Plus 8.0.002 – April 11, 2023
- Added ability to drop PDF files from Outlook email messages onto PDF Creator Plus to add pages.
- PDF embed fonts options on the Save File dialog not keeping its setting.
- Resolved issue of duplicate fonts added to PDF files.
- Fixed issue of text annotation in editing mode on the page not being included when exporting.
PDF Creator Plus 8.0.001 – March 3, 2023
PDF Creator Plus now opens and works natively with PDF files. Drag and drop a PDF or open it directly in the PDF Creator Plus builder application to combine PDF and other files. This new version also includes a new, modern Dashboard serving as the main hub for easy access to the PDF Creator Plus builder application, printer preferences settings for the PDF Creator Plus printer, licensing and activation. as well as links to videos, tutorials and other help resources.
- Directly open PDF files in PDF Creator Plus by dragging & dropping or Open With menu or File – Import PDF
- Prompt for password when opening password protected PDF file in PDF Creator Plus
- Support for 128 AES and 256 AES PDF security
- Image annotation support
- Best Quality/User Settings options for PDF creation
- Automatic open created file
- Automatic open save folder
- Improve Copy/Paste Image support
- Export Options button added to task bar
- Added additional save image file types: png, tga, psd, pcx, dcx, cal and gif
PDF Creator Plus 7.0.007 – April 25, 2022
- A Windows 10 update replaced Photo Viewer with Windows 10 Photos Store app. This release adds support for the new style of printing used by Windows 10 Store apps like Photos, Paint3D, Snip & Sketch that now create two(2) print jobs. Without this change, the first print job which is of format XPS2GDI remains in the queue marked in error and prevents any further print actions from succeeding. Customers using these applications with printing issues need to update to this version.
PDF Creator Plus 7.0.006 – January 27, 2021
- Validated against Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022.
- Fixed issue where numbered boxes in a PDF file were displayed as black boxes in both the preview and the created PDF.
PDF Creator Plus 7.0.005 – February 9th, 2018
- Fixed issue saving files where selecting a file name in the list of files and then editing that name in the File name field would test for overwrite using the incorrect filename.
- Fixed random issue where printing from websites that use incomplete webfonts would fail to create a PDF.
- Fixed issue where deleting pages would cause annotations to be missing or moved in the created PDF.
PDF Creator Plus 7.0.004 – April 20th, 2017
- Fixed issue with Word Add-In failing on inline hyperlinks with no text.
- Fixed issue with missing bookmarks. Optimization step to merge bookmarks into headers was also merging booksmarks together.
PDF Creator Plus 7.0.003 – January 29th, 2016
- Fixed issue where sometimes get a null pointer exception when dealing with some older generation software’s printed output.
PDF Creator Plus 7.0.002 – September 11th, 2015
- Fixed scaling issues with menu items, status bar, task button panel and splash screen when screen resolution is set higher than 96 dpi.
Released PDF Creator Plus 7.0.001 – July 20th, 2015
This new release includes support for Microsoft Windows 10.
In addition, paper size matching was altered to match identically to how paper size matching works for all other Microsoft built printers when paper size is missing from the form library.
- Fixed issue where maximized PDF Creator Plus would no longer be maximized after printing from another maximized application.
- Fixed issue where application would not start if Recent Documents (Windows NoRecentDocsHistory policy) was disabled in the policy registry.