How to Convert AutoCAD to TIFF (DWG to TIFF)
The TIFF Image Printer is a virtual Windows® printer that allows you to convert DWG to TIFF (or other AutoCAD formats like DXF, DWF to TIFF) just by opening the DWG file in AutoCAD and going to “print” and then selecting the TIFF Image Printer instead of your default printer. Customize all your output settings and just click “print” – out comes a TIFF file, exactly as you need it.
- Download and install the TIFF Image Printer onto your computer. This will create a new virtual printer in your Printers folder.
- Open your file in AutoCAD and select the Plot icon (or select File->Plot from the menu).
- Set the Printer/plotter to TIFF Image Printer 11.0 printer. When plotting drawings on a large paper size, click the Properties button to set the matching paper size on the printer. Click OK to plot your drawing.
- Convert drawings from AutoCAD to TIFF images that meet your exact requirements with the many options available. The settings used when converting drawings from AutoCAD to TIFF can be accessed through the Print dialog when you are printing your drawing.
- In the Save Image File dialog that appears, choose where you want to save it and then click Save.