There are many times where a monochrome or black and white images are the desired TIFF format. Both the TIFF Image Printer and Raster Image Printer have support for converting printed document content into purely black and white images with various options controlling the conversion process.
Create black and white images using the built-in ‘Monochrome TIFF’ profile
Step by Step Instructions
- Launch the Dashboard.
- Select “Manage Printer” open Printer Management.
- Beside the printer name, use the drop box to set the default profile as “Monochrome TIFF”. This profile is configured to create multipaged TIFF images at 300 dpi with colors reduced to black and white.
- Select the Save icon to save changes.
- Close Printer Management and Dashboard.
- Open the document you want to convert to a TIFF image.
- Select File – Print from your application, and select the printer name from the list of printers.
- Print and then set the name and save location of your new black and white TIFF image.
- Navigate to the folder where you wish to store your TIFF image. Your Documents folder will be selected for you by default.
- In the File name field, enter a name for your TIFF image. A default name for your image has been filled in based on the file name of the document you printed to TIFF Image Printer.
- In the Save as type field, you can change the profile that will be applied to your TIFF image on the fly.
- Click Save to create the TIFF image. The image will be created in the chosen folder with the name specified.