Adobe® has recently released a 64-bit version of its Adobe Reader DC product. Prior to this, only a 32-bit version of Adobe Reader was available. At this time Document Conversion Service only supports the conversion of PDF files using Adobe Reader DC 32-bit.
For our Document Conversion Service users setting up new servers, downloading Adobe Reader DC will give you the 64-bit version by default. Also, existing servers may get upgraded to the 64-bit version of Adobe Reader DC by your IT support staff. At this time, running Adobe Reader DC 64-bit with Document Conversion Service 3.0.024 will result in failed conversion of PDF files. If you are experiencing this problem, you need to downgrade to Adobe Reader DC 32-bit.
Stop Document Conversion Service & Un-Install 64-bit Version
- Stop Watch Folder Service or your application.
- Stop Document Conversion Service.
- Un-Install Adobe Reader DC 64-bit.
- Install Adobe Reader DC 32-bit (see detailed steps below).
- Start Document Conversion Service.
- Start Watch Folder Service or your application.
Download & Install 32-bit version
- Got to https://get.adobe.com/reader
- At the bottom of the page, you will see the option/link “Do you have a different language or operating system?”. Click that link.
4. Select your operating system (step 1) and language (step 2). For step 3, select the non-64-bit version of Adobe Reader.
5. Follow the Adobe Reader screens to download and install the non-64-bit version.
The best way to get started with Document Conversion Service is by downloading our free 30-day trial. This is a fully functional trial of DCS Level I with a watermark added to all output files. As always, the PEERNET support team is more than happy to answer any of your questions and help you evaluate the trial.