In a wide range of white-collar industries, from financial services and enterprise organizations to the healthcare and medical sector, organizations are looking to improve their efficiencies and utilize technology in the best way. The move in this direction has been on for several decades, but with the proliferation of digital documentation and the explosion in device availability, we’ve seen the shift accelerate in the corporate environment in recent years.
Now, more than ever, establishing efficient digital documentation can set your company apart from the pack to improve your company’s document management. And for organizations who exist on service, rather than sales (such as some of those in the healthcare field), keeping up with modern technological solutions is a necessity, to avoid falling further behind.
With all that in mind, here is an exploration of the top 10 biggest benefits of utilizing professional file conversion software.
1. It allows you to make use of ideal file formats for security, sharability and consistency.
For corporate documentation and record-keeping, two of the best file formats are called Portable Document Format (PDF) and Tagged Image File Format (TIFF). Professional conversion software allows you and your company to effortlessly create these files, through single-purpose software solutions such as PDF Image Printer or TIFF Image Printer, or through all-in-one solutions such as File Conversion Center or Document Conversion Service. The advantages of these file types are many. Here is a brief rundown of their advantages for use in the workplace and corporate setting.
- Stands for: Portable Document Format
- One of the most widely-used and adopted file formats for document management. Ubiqitous nature of the format means it’s nearly certain that recipient of the document will be able to view it.
- Formatting is maintained across all devices and operating systems.
- Smaller file sizes, generally, than TIFF
- Good compression to reduce size of high-quality files.
- That small file size makes the documents ideal for sharing.
- Password-protection features available for sensitive information.
- Metadata can be embedded for easier file retrieval.
- Documents can easily integrate non-text elements such as web links, images and the like.
- Commonly used across a huge range of sectors and industries within a corporate setting.
- Stands for: Tagged Image File Format
- Lossless file format (what you see is what you get)
- Maintains the highest image quality (but some compression options available)
- Difficult to alter (therefore, good for archiving)
- Cannot contain links or hidden data, so quite secure from the threat of embedded malware/viruses.
- Widely supported across devices, operating systems
- Standard format for FAX
- As it is an image format, your document formatting is maintained
- Commonly used by the publishing profession; sectors with a high volume of document storage requirements (medical, law, etc.); businesses looking for a secure file format for their document management needs.
2. There are all-in-one solutions available, so there’s only one program/system to learn for your coworkers and colleagues.
Companies that have a significant need for file conversion can be bogged down by the multitude of programs and options available. If companies use one program to convert files to TIFF, and another to create PDF documents, and yet another for different sorts of file conversions, that ends up equating to multiple times resources being devoted to training and troubleshooting. With an all-in-one solution such as PEERNET’s File Conversion Center, or Raster Image Printer, for example, all your digital documentation needs are covered in one powerful, yet easy-to-use package.
3. Companies can realize significant cost savings with a unified, cohesive transition to digital documentation.
By significantly reducing the amount of paper that the office consumes through a well-planned transition to digital documentation, an organization can foster significant cost savings. These come about by saving money on things like the cost of paper itself; printing costs; reduced maintenance of printers and photocopiers; storage costs; mailing costs and more. There are also some hidden costs that you may not think about right off the bat. For example, reducing the cost of office space devoted to filing cabinets and documents; and, reducing the amount of employee resources devoted to manually retrieving documents. Of course, there are some costs associated with the transition, software, and digital storage space, but given the way that business is moving, it’s a long-term investment that’s certainly worth making sooner rather than later.
4. For companies with a need for ongoing, constant file conversions, there are automated batch file conversion solutions available.
Having the right software solutions in place for on-demand file conversion is one thing. But for those organizations that require a consistent stream of converted files, automated and batch file conversion could be the best solution. Solutions such as PEERNET’s Document Conversion Service make it feasible to have your own file conversion system running 24/7. That means that the files keep converting – no additional employee time and resources required. Here are 5 more of the best things about our automated batch file converter:
- Built from the start to handle exactly this job efficiently: high-volume document conversion.
- Once implemented, a huge time-saver.
- Easily-configurable settings that can be saved and automatically applied, so your conversions are consistent every time.
- An advanced feature set so that Document Conversion Service can be completely tailored by IT professionals and/or power users to the needs of your organization.
- A highly versatile solution: converts from virtually any printable Windows format into TIFF, PDF, JPEG and more.
5. The ease of pulling documentation and integrating it with other systems (such as a CRM) can actually help your company improve and transform your customer service experience.
As you’ve probably noticed, today’s consumers are always on the go. They expect things to work perfectly on their devices as they travel around. Time is of the essence, and they don’t want to wait for internal corporate processes. And if your company deals directly in a customer-facing service role, they expect you to have their information on-the-ready as they talk to you, as soon as possible. This is where making use of digital documentation can be a boon to your company’s overall reputation for service. Whether that means emailing them digital invoices or quotes for work; sharing other sorts of documentation with them in a seamless manner; or even allowing your employees to access their clients’ information on the go, a digital documentation and file conversion process can accelerate your organization’s transition to the digital age and provide your customers the type of instantaneous service and support that they’ve come to expect in the 21st century.
6. In contrast to using a hodgepodge of different programs and protocols, making use of consistent formats and professional file conversion software can help lock down your document security.
Document security is absolutely key to maintain the trust of your clients, customers and the public at large. One needn’t look far to see examples of serious corporate security breaches littering the nightly news. Having a secure document conversion protocol in place can help you mitigate the risks of that happening to your organization. If, for example, employees are using some online file conversion service of unknown origin to convert your clients’ files, which could leave you at serious risk. It’s far more preferable to keep things in-house, with appropriate protections in place, and utilize trusted conversion software from reputable companies like PEERNET as a way to manage that risk. Here are some more tips on improving your document security in 2016.
7. Professional document conversion and file conversion software gives you a huge range of output options, depending on your document quality needs, storage capacity and workflow requirements.
Customization is key, and one of the primary benefits of using professional, purpose-built conversion software is the sheer amount of options you have for your outputted documents. Across the board, from single-purpose products such as PDF Creator Plus, to the Cadillac of our software solutions, Document Conversion Service, users have the ability to select – and save – conversion profiles that perfectly fit the ongoing needs of their organization. Whether you need perfect-quality conversions and storage space is not an issue, or conversely, lower-quality documents are fine because storage space is at a premium… or, somewhere in between … professional file conversion software allows you to select the settings that work for you.
8. With conversion to PDF or TIFF format, you can be sure that your clients or customers see a document with the same formatting that you do, in contrast to sharing file formats like Microsoft Word.
As briefly touched on earlier, one of the huge benefits of making use of TIFF and PDF for your corporate documentation needs are the format’s consistency across the array of devices, screen sizes and operating systems. If you send a Microsoft Word file to a colleague or a client, it can appear wildly different on their computer then it does on yours. This can obviously cause a bevy of issues, and generally make you look unprofessional.
9. Digital documentation using consistent formats, naming and filing structure can make your workplace a more collaborative environment.
A well-organized digital filing system can blow away even the most neat and efficient offline system. By employing some basic tenets of digital file organization, you can increase internal efficiencies substantially, allowing your team to smarter, quicker, and more effectively.
10. Making use of digital documentation can significantly cut paper waste at your office, underscoring your organization’s commitment to the environment – which is a big deal in the eyes of many consumers today.
Sure, the cost benefits of reducing your paper usage is a primary driver of interest for many business owners. But also consider the added benefit of improving your organization’s reputation by reducing your reliance on paper. In society today, more and more people are consciously choosing to deal with organizations that mesh with their personal belief system, and a commitment to reducing needless waste definitely follows that trend.
Ready to Utilize File Conversion for Your Organization?
Get started with document conversion software from PEERNET today. Here is a rundown of our main products and how they might help your company, business or organization.
|PDF Creator Plus||Looking for a more cost-effective alternative to Adobe Acrobat, with the same great features? Look no further. PDF Creator Plus allows you to create PDFs by combining and editing other files (any other type of Windows file that you can open and print.)|
|Convert to PDF||For those who require a virtual printer that outputs vector (which means editable and searchable) PDF, this is a great option.|
|PDF Image Printer||Similar to above, but converts to raster PDF. Very simple, easy to use, and outputs files in a secure and sharable format. The virtual printer of choice for many organizations with a need for reliable PDF conversion.|
|TIFF Image Printer||The virtual printer you need if you require an on-demand TIFF conversion option. Quick and easy, yet powerful features.|
|Raster Image Printer||An all-in-one solution that handles both TIFF conversion and PDF conversion (and can also output files in JPEG format). Essentially functions as a combo of PDF Image Printer and TIFF Image Printer. A great option for organizations who rely on multiple document format conversions, on-demand.|
|File Conversion Center||For users or organizations who require a range of options, this desktop application allows for batch conversion of documents, on an on-demand basis, to PDF, TIFF and JPEG file formats.|
|Document Conversion Service||The industry-leading automated, batch file conversion solution. Capable of converting documents in the background, 24/7. Used by trusted institutions and organizations around the world for their file conversion needs.|
Need more information?
Please watch the video below for a quick explanation of what each file conversion product offers, or feel free to contact us to get you and your organization pointed in the right direction.