Are you encountering random printing errors include blank pages, random text, missing drawing, or worse of all the blue screen of death when using your virtual printer software? Your issue is likely due to the March 2021 Windows Updates.
The March 2021 Windows Updates are randomly breaking the printing subsystem which leads to a variety of printing errors. This problem impacts all printer manufacturers, both virtual or physical. The printing issues from applications manifest themselves differently on various systems, and not all systems are impacted.
If you are encountering any of the issues above, we recommend either:
- Uninstalling the March 2021 patch, or
- Install the appropriate hot fix that Microsoft provided
Install Windows Hot Fix
Below is a list of buggy patches (this is not an exhaustive list) causing printing issues. Select the patch that was applied to your system. At the end of the KB article, Microsoft will indicate if they have releases a patch to fix the issue you are encountering.
NOTE: A system is only affected if they have this optional patch applied and have not already applied the optional patch.
- KB5000802: Windows 10 2004/20H2 & Windows Server 2004/20H2
- KB5000808: Windows 10 1909 & Windows Server 1909
- KB5000822: Windows 10 1809 & Windows Server 2019
- KB5000809: Windows 10 1803 & Windows Server 1803
- KB5000803: Windows 2016
- KB5000848 : Windows 2012 R2
- KB5000847 : Windows 2012
For KB5000802 at the bottom of the article you will see:
For KB5000808 at the bottom of the article you will see:
If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to the PEERNET support team.