TIFF Image Printer, Raster Image Printer and PDF Image Printer feature the option to send STMP emails with the created images/pdfs as attachments silently. feature the option to create or send Outlook email with the created images/pdfs as attachments.
This functionality is useful in cases where you want to eliminate manual steps of create an email and manually attaching the created images/pdfs. For example, you print and send invoices to customers or you print a report daily and send to a group of individuals.
The steps below demonstrate using the Email tab to send an email with Outlook as part of the printing process. In addition, the steps below also demonstrate packaging the created files as a zip file and attaching the zip file to the email in place of the created files, and then automatically deleting the created files at the end of the process.
When using Outlook, the application must be installed and an email account configured. Emails sent using Outlook, can be sent silently or can prompt with the default Outlook application allowing additional changes to the email message before being sent.
An Outlook email template may be used to set up the initial content of the email fields From, To, CC, BCC, Subject, and Body. Addresses entered in the To, CC, and BCC fields are added to any address in the template. Text entered for the Subject and Body fields on the email tab settings will override the Subject and Message contents in the template. A template is great when you need to preconfigure default information and formatting of the email content.
Step by Step Instructions
In this step by step, we are demonstrating using TIFF Image Printer but the same steps are identical in the Raster Image Printer and the PDF Image Printer.
- Launch the Dashboard.
- Select “Edit & Create Profiles” to open Profile Manager.
- Select “Add a profile” to create a personal profile, or create a copy of one of our system profiles.
- Name the profile, add a description, and click Save.
- On the Email tab, under Use this mail service, select Outlook.
- Enable Send email when conversion succeeds.
- There is an option to use an Outlook template. If you wish to used an Outlook template, enable Use this Outlook template and select the mail icon to browse to your desired Outlook template. The content of the Outlook template will be used as the Message Details (To, CC, BCC, Subject, Message). Any recipients (To, CC, BCC) entered here are added to the template. Any Subject or Message content here will replace what is in the Outlook template.
|*A folder named Templates has been provided in the product installation folder (C:\Program Files\TIFF Image Printer 12\Templates). Any Outlook templates used for emails can be placed here. When using a template from this folder, the location of the template is stored in the profile using a macro. This allows the template and profile to be deployed and to work on any computer, no matter where the product is installed.|
- If you are not using an Outlook template, the Message Details parts To (or CC, BCC), Subject, and Message are required.
- Select whether to Show message using client or template or Do not show message before sending. This setting will determine if you will be prompted before the email is sent or if the email will be sent silently.
- By default, the email settings are configured to send created documents as email attachments. There are additional settings options to limit the size of the email, split oversized emails, and limit the number of emails sent at once. See the Email section for more details.
- To ZIP the created documents before attaching to the email, enable ZIP the files before attaching to the email. NOTE: Zipping is not a requirement and you could just attach the create files directly by skipping to step 14.
- Select your desired ZIP folder option and enter your desired ZIP folder path if required. If the ZIP folder path is left empty, the files will be stored at the root of the ZIP file.
- There are also options to add a password to the ZIP file and to use a custom extension.
- To automatically delete created documents after sending, go to the Cleanup Options tab.
- Enable Delete generated output files and select on success.
- Click Save-Back, and close Profile Manager.
If you plan to use these settings regularly, you may wish to make this personal profile the default profile used by TIFF Image Printer.
- Select “Manage Printers” to open Printer Management.
- Select the printer you wish to edit and use the Profile drop box to select your desired default profile.
- Select the Save icon to save changes.
- Select the Home icon to return to the Dashboard.
- Close the Dashboard. Now when you print your document to TIFF Image Printer, you will receive an email notification after successful conversion with the created document attached as a zip file. The created files will automatically be deleted.