https://www.peernet.com/wp-content/uploads/DCSBox-for-blog.jpg 450 1516 Robert Massart https://www.peernet.com/wp-content/uploads/peernet-logo.png Robert Massart2013-07-04 18:32:422019-07-16 15:05:29Document Conversion with .Net
Document Conversion with .Net
Need: As a solution provider working with .NET you need to add into your application the ability to convert documents of different formats into TIFF or PDF files.
Solution: Document Conversion Service and the included PEERNET.ConvertUtility .NET library.
- Convert a file with as little as a single line of code.
- Convert a list of files or pass in a folder and have us convert the entire folder of documents.
- When converting folders the content of the folders can be filtered to only convert the files you need.
- Lists of files or the contents of a folder are processed in parallel (multiple documents can be converted at the same time) up to the limits of your Document Conversion Service installation.
- PEERNET.ConvertUtility uses a collection of settings to determine the type of file created.
- These settings collections can be saved to disk as a profile. Profiles of several common output file types are included. Profiles can be modified, copied and new ones created to match your requirements.
- The settings collection can also be dynamically created in your code and passed into the PEERNET.ConvertUtility methods. This allows you to change your conversion settings on-the-fly.
- When converting a list of files, settings can also individually be set on each file.
- Each convert method returns when all files have been converted.
- Complete information about the original conversion request and the results of the conversion, be it errors, or a list of the created files is returned by each method.
- This information can optionally be saved to disk in an XML format for later processing
Read more in our On-line User Guide or you can also access the On-line PDF.