If you need the Watch Folder Service to access shared or network folders, then you need to change the Watch Folder LogOn credentials to use a network account or other account that has access to these shared or network folders.
Changing Watch Folder Login Account
- Stop the Watch Folder Service. (Click Start – Document Conversion Service 3.0 – Stop Watch Folder)
- Open the Services panel. (Click Start – Control Panel – Administrative Tools – Services)
- Scroll down to PEERNET Watch Folder Service and double click it.
- Click Log On tab.
- Enter domain\account and the password that can access the shared/network folders.
- Click OK. (the account will be granted the Log On As A Service right)
Entering Network Path in Watch Folder Configuration File
- Open the Watch Folder Config File. (Click Start – Document Conversion Service 3.0 – Configure Watch Folder Settings)
- Scroll down to the Watch Folder section you are working with.
- Enter the URL path to the Input folder you are wanting to monitor.
- We recommend leaving the Staging and Working folders on the local drive.
- Enter the paths for Failed, Completed and Output.
- Click File – Save.
- Start Watch Folder Service. (Click Start – Document Conversion Service 3.0 – Start Watch Folder)