Remove Gray Background / Adjust Page Brightness
Adjusting page brightness will lighten or darken the images or text on your pages to improve readability. Darkening the page can help to make light colored text more readable, or, conversely, lightening a page can make a dark image more visible.
A common use of this feature would be to remove the grey cast from the background of scanned images. It is particularly common to get a grey cast when scanning a book or receipts.
All page brightness settings are controlled through the profile.
Step by Step Instructions
The steps below demonstrate how to use the page brightness features to remove a gray cast from a scanned image.
- Launch the Dashboard.
- Select “Edit & Create Profiles” to open Profile Manager.
- Select “Add a profile” to create a personal profile, or create a copy of one of our system profiles.
- Name the profile, add a description, and click Save.
- On the Page Editing tab, under Adjust Page Brightness, enable Lighten or darken each page with the following settings.
- Drag the sliding scale all the way to Lighten or enter the value of 100.
- Then set the intensity range that you want lightened. We just want the grey shades to be lightened, so we could use the values of 100 to 200 for example.
- Click Save-Back, and close Profile Manager.
If you plan to use these settings regularly, you may wish to make this personal profile the default profile used by your image printer.
- Select “Manage Printers” to open Printer Management.
- Select the printer you wish to edit and use the Profile drop box to select your desired default profile.
- Select the Save icon to save changes.
- Select the Home icon to return to the Dashboard.
- Close the Dashboard. Now when you print your document to your image printer, all shades between the designated intensity will be replaced by pure white. This may be too much lightening for your needs. Adjust the page brightness and applicable intensity range as needed.