You can create your own outline for a PDF file by using the Annotation tool bar found in PDF Creator Plus.
Let say you have printed a Word document, Excel spreadsheet and a PowerPoint file to PDF Creator Plus to merge together into a single PDF file, but you would also like to have a table of contents, so users can jump to the start of each of the files in the merged PDF file.
This can easily be done in the PDF Creator Plus project screen when using the tools found on the Annotation tool bar.
Steps For Creating Table of Contents
- Print each of your files to PDF Creator Plus in the order to appear in the PDF file.
- In Word or another application of your choice, create a page with the information you want to see as your Table of Contents, then print that page to PDF Creator Plus and insert it before the first page in the project.
- On each page that you wish to jump to from the Table of Contents, select the Outline tool () in the Annotation toolbar usually at the bottom of the screen. Click and hold the left mouse button while you drag to create a rectangle around the area on the page that you want to represent the bookmark. The outline area is represented by a red dotted rectangle box.
- Select the outline in the project and press ENTER. In the Annotation Properties screen, select None for Heading Level. Enter the name of your bookmark in the Bookmark Name field (ie Word).
- Click OK and now the bookmark area is represented by a green dotted rectangle box. This box will not show in the created PDF file.
- On the Table of Contents page, select the Hyperlink tool () in the Annotation toolbar. Click and hold the left mouse button while you drag to create a rectangle around the area on the page that you want to represent the hyperlink. The hyperlink area is represented by a blue dotted rectangle box. These boxes will not show in the created PDF file.
- Select the hyperlink in the project and press ENTER. In the Annotation Properties screen, select Link to a location in this file, click Browse and select from Bookmarks for the location to jump to.
- Click OK.
- Once you have setup all the hyperlinks on the Table of Contents page, click the Create PDF button to create the PDF file. On the Create File screen, make sure Include Outline and Include Hyperlinks are checked.