This section contains technical documentation for each of the property tabs found in the Profile Manager utility. For step-by-step instructions demonstrating how to use these properties tabs to enable and configure specific settings offered by Raster Image Printer, see the Working with Raster Image Printer section.
Raster Image Printer uses Profiles, which are a group of settings, to create the output image you want. Personal profiles are created and edited through the Profile Manager utility. Users can select their default profile either using the Printer Management utility or on the fly during the printing process on the Save As dialog.
To launch Profile Manager:
1.Begin by opening the Dashboard (double-click the Raster Image Printer icon on your desktop or select Raster Image Printer 12 from the Start menu).
2.Select "Edit & Create Profiles" to open Profile Manager.
On launch, Profile Manager will show you all of the existing profiles. If Raster Image Printer has just been installed, only the system profiles that come with the printer will be present. Raster Image Printer comes with system profiles: Color Optimized TIFF, Monochrome TIFF, Fax TIFF, Adobe PDF, Non-Searchable PDF, and Color Optimized JPEG.
1.Add a profile - Create a new personal profile.
2.Import a profile - Import a profile file into your Profile Manager. For example, if a colleague shares a profile file with you.
•All - All profiles are visible.
•Favorites - Only profiles marked as favorite are visible.
•Hidden - Only profiles marked as hidden are visible.
•System - Only system profiles installed with Raster Image Printer are visible.
•Personal - Only your custom personal profiles are visible.
Select the Settings gear icon from the top right hand corner of the Profile Manager window at any time to access additional setting customizations.
•Change units by toggling between inches (in) and centimeters (cm)
•Enable/disable warning messages:
oWhen deleting profiles
oWhen deleting favorited profiles
System profiles are denoted by darker colored tiles. These system profiles cannot be edited or deleted, but can be copied. Personal profiles are denoted by lighter colored tiles. These personal profiles can be edited, copied and deleted. Personal profiles will only be available under the user's logon account.
• Edit this profile - Open profile to edit settings stored within the profile.
• Create a copy of this profile - Duplicate profile to create a new personal profile. Useful to create a personal profile starting with the settings in a system profile.
• Delete this profile - Delete profile that is no longer required. You can disable warning messages prompting upon deletion by selecting Settings from the top right hand corner of the Profile Manager window, and disabling show warning messages When deleting profiles and When deleting favorited profiles. You cannot delete a profile that is currently assigned to a printer through Printer Management.
• Add to favorites - Click the star icon to mark the profile as a favorite.
• Hide this profile - Click the eye icon to mark the profile as hidden.
•Go back to the profiles list - Return to Profile Manager home screen
•Save profile - Save any changes made to the settings stored in the profile.
•Export profile - Export profile file to share with other users. For example, to share your personal profile file with a colleague.
•Edit Profile - Edit the name of the profile. We recommend that you name your personal profiles something recognizable.
•Description - If desired, you can add a description to the profile to remind you of the settings stored in the profile and/or the purpose of the profile.
Visit the topics within this Profile Manager section to learn about the settings stored on each property tab within the editing profile view.